Except you see signs and wonders
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)
topic: Faith & Healing
Our Faith is so pleasing to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus met a noble men whose son was very sick. He came to Jesus in a hurry for his son was close to death and he believed and was assured that the only one who could heal his son is Jesus. Jesus knowing all things and knew this noble men heart, wanted to teach him and all that have ears. And spoke:
Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.
And the man went on asking; come now jesus lest my son will die! And Jesus said:
Go thy way; thy son liveth.
Jesus did not show all people around what He had done already. No no-one could see with there eyes at that moment that Jesus had healed the boy. But Jesus revealed true faith in the reaction of this noble man. For he stopped asking Jesus to come but believed that Jesus has healed his son and went his way.
Let us do the same and please God by keeping the true faith.
For blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Bible reading. (KJV)
46. So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.
47. When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he was at the point of death.
48. Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.
49. The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die.
50. Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.
51. And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him, saying, Thy son liveth.
52. Then inquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.
53. So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.
1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
27. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.